Kettering Dog Walkers
Terms of Business for Services Effective 1 st Nov 2018
1. The Client is solely responsible for any and all harm or damage caused by their dog while it is under the care of Kettering Dog Walkers, or is using any other services provided by KDW, and agrees to indemnify KDW in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
2. The Client agrees that, in admitting their dog, Kettering Dog Walkers has relied on the Client’s representation that their dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour toward any person or any other dog.
3. All dogs will be subject to an initial assessment by KDW staff prior to using our Services. Kettering Dog Walkers reserves the right to refuse admission to any dog deemed in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
4. The Client agrees to notify KDW immediately of any unwelcome, aggressive, reactive, or dangerous behaviour of their dog that has potential to cause harm to any other dog or individual.
5. Kettering Dog Walkers offer services where dogs co-mingle in groups and the Client accepts that during the course of normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries. All dog play is carefully monitored to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, or other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
6. Kettering Dog Walkers will only let dogs off the lead once an ‘off the lead consent form’ has been signed, and will remain at the discretion of KDW staff.
(please sign at bottom of the page)
7. The Client is responsible for the full cost of treatment of any injuries or illness that their dog receives while under the care of Kettering Dog Walkers, together with any associated costs e.g. call-out charges. The Client authorises the staff of KDW to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the Client’s usual/preferred Vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g. in an emergency) and the Client accepts that the staff of KDW may at their discretion use any registered Vet. The Client agrees to pay all such costs immediately upon pick-up of their dog, or by agreement with the proprietor.
8. Kettering Dog Walkers reserves the right to refuse admission if the Client fails to provide adequate proof of vaccinations, or the vaccinations are found to be expired or otherwise incomplete. (Sending a photo of the vaccination card to KDW will act as proof)
9. Bitches may attend Kettering Dog Walkers depending on their behaviour and/or we have on their pack walk. Judgement will be made on the occasion. Kettering Dog Walkers refuse to walk pregnant bitches.
10. The Client accepts that even though their dog is vaccinated (and even Bordetella) there is a chance that their dog can still contract Kennel Cough. The Client agrees that they will not hold KDW responsible if their dog contracts Kennel Cough while attending.
11. The Client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The Client further agrees to notify Kettering Dog
Walkers immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by. Such diseases and conditions include, but are not limited to: Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough (Bordetella), Parvovirus, Corona virus, worms, Lyme disease, Fleas, Pregnancy, Infectious Skin Diseases and Intestinal Parasites. Kettering Dog Walkers reserves the right to refuse admission until satisfied that the condition is resolved.
12. The Client consents to their dog being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Kettering Dog Walkers without prior approval. All such media remain the property of KDW.
13. The Client agrees that Kettering Dog Walkers is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged leads, collars, tags, clothing or any other item left with their dog.
14. The Client agrees to notify KDW of any changes to any walks. Kettering Dog Walkers expects at least 48hrs notice prior to any routine change, otherwise the charge will remain.
15. Kettering Dog Walkers request that all invoices received are paid within a 14 day window. If payment isn’t received, then KDW have right to refuse walks until payment is received in full.
16. The Client agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten in the hour before pick up by Kettering Dog Walkers to ensure sufficient.